Re: st: re: xtabond2 not running in Unix

From   Olga Gorbachev <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: xtabond2 not running in Unix
Date   Mon, 05 Oct 2009 12:34:45 +0100

Thank you!

Kit Baum wrote:
<>
Olga said

but when I tried using xtabond2, I received an error message:

      <istmt>:  3499  xtabond2_mata() not found

I use UNIX machine, could this be an issue?

No. You need to rebuild the index of Mata packages on your machine. Easiest way to do that is quit Stata and restart. Or within Stata you can do

mata: mata mlib index

which will do it on the fly. That mata function should then be accessible.
This point is discussed in ITSP, cited below.

Kit Baum | Boston College Economics & DIW Berlin | http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html An Introduction to Stata Programming | http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata | http://www.stata-press.com/books/imeus.html

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

begin:vcard
fn:Olga  Gorbachev
n:Gorbachev;Olga
org:University of Edinburgh;Economics
adr:;;31 Buccleuch Place, 3.06;Edinburgh;;EH8 9JT;UK
email;internet:[email protected]
tel;work:44 (0) 131 651 3853
url:http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/ogorbach/
version:2.1