st: Time series quadrature error

From   Mark Ludwig <>
Subject   st: Time series quadrature error
Date   Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:45:41 -0700

I have built a dataset that combines monthly Gallup polls during the presidential election season. To this I have added some additional variables as controls (eg, the relevant CPI rate during the month each poll was taken). I am attempting to run an xtlogit with one-period lags and get the following error message:

number of quadrature points must be less than or equal to number of observations.

I am not sure what's wrong ... I have more than 10,000 observations in the dataset.

Mark Ludwig
Associate Professor
Journalism & Communication Studies
California State University, Sacramento