st: Foreach Loop with anovaplot

From   Diego Bellavia <>
Subject   st: Foreach Loop with anovaplot
Date   Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:00:13 -0700

Dear Statalisters,

I am trying to build a simple script to loop into
some ANOVA for repeated measures tests and
graph them with anovaplot.

The script is the following:

#delimit ;

foreach X of varlist  age blood_p cholesterol...

anova  `X' exam_nb clinic, repeated(exam_nb);
anovaplot exam_nb, scatter(msym(none));

#delimit cr

Where of course clinic is the ID of the subject, and exam_nb the ID of the
single observation.
When  I run it as a command everything works fine but as soon as I put this
in a .do file, I see the following message:

"exam_nb not a permutation of exam_nb clinic"

that  makes  sense to me but when I try to add clinic in the anovaplot
command I get some weird graph I cannot understand...

Might you help in this ?

Thank you in advance,