st: AW: constant in the suest command

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: constant in the suest command
Date   Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:49:35 +0200

Careful! The association between -suest- and -sureg- is rather loose, in
spite of similar names.

You may want to show your output with the "constant" issue to enable
Statalisters to answer your question...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2009 13:49
Betreff: st: constant in the suest command

Dear statalist,

I want to estimate a system of equations. Since heteroscedasticity seems to
be an issue and according to the 'Breusch-Pagan test of independence' there
are no efficiency gains from -sureg- I decided to use -suest-.

The equations are estimated by fixed effects. In order to be able to use
-suest- I estimated the equations using -regress- and including a full set
of time and country dummy variables while dropping the constant. However,
-suest- keeps returning a constant. What constant is that? And how can it be

Thanks for your consideration (of this rather basic question)

Flora Hofmann
Jetzt freischalten unter