Re: st: no copy table in unix

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: no copy table in unix
Date   Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:11:40 +0100

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Michael Hills <> wrote:
> Right-clicking the results window produces a choice between copy and
> copy table under ms-windows but only copy under unix. Why is this?

It may be down to limitations on the implementation of the GUI under
the GTK2 libraries and/or issues with the Xorg in how it recognises a
"table" to copy from the results window.

As a long(-ish)-term user of Stata under *NIX I never use this
functionality though and just use -estout- / -tabout- / -listtex- /
etc. to generate the tables that I want in LaTeX for inclusion in my

"The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data." ~ John Tukey (1986), "Sunset salvo". The American
Statistician 40(1).

Email -
Website -
Photos -