st: Markov processes and xttrans

From   Dmitriy Krichevskiy <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Markov processes and xttrans
Date   Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:27:43 -0400

Dear Statalisters,
I am not sure if it is Stata or Statistics question that I have.
I have a large panel data in which I have discretized income into
quintiles. I then tested to see if transition processes (governing
quintile transitions) are stationary. I found that I can characterize
transitions as Markov. So I followed with xttrans command estimating
transition probabilities. But I also want to know what my confidence
intervals for transition probabilities estimates are?
Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks
Dmitriy Krichevskiy