Statalist

AW: st: RE: efficiently creating 1/0 variables from existing string y/n variables

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   AW: st: RE: efficiently creating 1/0 variables from existing string y/n variables
Date   Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:00:19 +0200

<>

" Is there a simple way to then rename the resulting many new_variable  "

You want to look at -renpfix-, -rename-`s brother :-)

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] Im Auftrag von Michael
McCulloch
Gesendet: Montag, 28. September 2009 00:53
An: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Betreff: Re: st: RE: efficiently creating 1/0 variables from existing string
y/n variables

Thank you Martin, the pre-labeled feature of -encode- is brilliant.
Dropping the old variables will be simple.
Is there a simple way to then rename the resulting many new_variable
names back their old title?
	e.g.: combining many of these commands into a shorter step?
	rename new_etoh etoh
	rename new_smk smk?
Michael