Re: st: problem with truncreg

From   Rich Steinberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problem with truncreg
Date   Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:11:46 -0400

Thanks to you and to Jay Verkuilen. We have done a fair amount of transforming in tobit, and the form we choose worked best there so we were hoping to keep it the same here. Our ultimate goal was to manually do something like a double hurdle (truncreg and probit), but we finally found a way to get our real double hurdle model to converge.

Austin Nichols wrote:
Rich Steinberg <[email protected]> :
Perhaps the model (truncated normal error) is simply not very
appropriate for your data--you might try transforming your variables
if that makes sense in your setting.
webuse laborsub, clear
truncreg whrs kl6 k618 wa we, ll(0)
g s=(whrs)^2