Re: st: 2sls robust or 3sls?

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 2sls robust or 3sls?
Date   Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:21:06 +0200

Hi Andres:

If 3SLS and 2SLS estimates are significantly different (you can test this with a Hausman test), then you should go with 2SLS because if there is a mispecification in one part of the model 2SLS will not taint estimates in other parts of the model (whereas with 3SLS bias is transmitted everywhere). See p. 282 of
Baltagi, B. H. (2002). Econometrics. New York: Springer.

Best,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland