st: ST: OLS prediction

From   Laura Platchkov <[email protected]>
Subject   st: ST: OLS prediction
Date   Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:00:40 +0100

Dear all,

I have a cross sectional dataset, and use OLS. This is the model:

ln(Y) = b1 + b2X + b3Z + e

I would like to do some predictions to compare the change in Y when the X has, let say 10 units more:

ln(Y)* = b1 + b2(X+10) + b3Z + e

and compare the change:

Y*- Y

How can I do exactly? I have created a new dataset with the modified values of the regressors, but I don't know which command I should use to compute the value of the dependent ln(y*) with the new regressors.

Thanks a lot!