st: multiple imputation in Stata 11

From   "McDonald, Catherine" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: multiple imputation in Stata 11
Date   Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:42:41 -0400

I am working on doing multiple imputation with Stata 11 in a small data set. I have access to data at the item-level (say for example all 15 items that make up a depression scale). Is there a way I can impute data at the item level (with ICE or mi) and sum scores with the imputed data-rather than imputing the total scale scores? I ask this because I would like to do total scale and subscale analyses and did not know if this was possible.

Thank you.