st: RE: graphs and version control

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: graphs and version control
Date   Sat, 26 Sep 2009 04:13:01 +0800

If you simply want to print the graph, then why not export it to another

graph export figure.eps

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
If you live to be one hundred, you've got it made.
Very few people die past that age - George Burns

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Isabelle
Sent: Friday, 25 September 2009 3:52 PM
Subject: st: graphs and version control

Dear Stata-listers,

For a project, I need to work on 2 different platforms. On a remote
connection, I work with Stata 10, and
I do analyses of my dataset. But I cannot print results from this
location. So I transfer my results to my local PC, where I have Stata
9.2. (+ printer, etc)

If I simply save the graphs using graph save command, then transfer them
to my PC, and attempt to use them,
I get the error message
. graph use MenAnxiolitics
file MenAnxiolitics.gph is a new format that this version of Stata does
not know how to read

Fair enough.
More interesting if I try to force Stata 10 to save the graph in version
9.2, either by typing version 9.2 as a global or a local command for the
graph, I get the same problem.

. graph use "MenAntidepressantV9.gph"
file MenAntidepressantV9.gph is a new format that this version of Stata
does not know how to read
suggestion:  type -update query-

(My Stata9.2 is up to date).

Any suggestions ? (I have not been able to check whether Stata installed
on the remote platform is up to date).

More specifically, is this a known situation that has been fixed in
updates or the release 11 of Stata, or
Am I missing a point in the portability of graphs or in the use of
version control?

Thanks for your help