Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files
Date   Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:24:20 -0400

This was the problem that I developed -c- to solve (-ssc install fastcd- to get it).

In brief, -c- associates mnemonics with directories, and then lets you change to a directory by specifying its mnemonic. The associations are stored on a file on the computer. I've got different mnemonic-directory mappings for my home, office, and travel laptop computers, and all my do files run fine on each.

Doesn't solve the immediate problem, of course...

- NW

skolenik wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the hard coded directory name with a global
pointing to the base directory. Then you'd both be able to work on
this set of do-files by referring to the machine specific global.
(I've had something like that for years to divide the workload between
my laptop and desktop.)