Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: renaming path name in 100 do-files
Date   Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:46:40 -0400

You don't say what your OS is, or whether there is the same
change to be made in each file or a unique change in every
file - you mention in another post that there is a directory
structure, but not whether you are keeping it - so it's hard
to know the best solution.

If *nix, you can just fake the directory structure with symbolic
links. May save you some grief.

Another solution, which can work in windows as well, is to get
somethign like the -awk- utility, which makes it easy to script
a bunch of changes in a bunch of text files.

raoul reulen wrote:
Dear all,

I received around 100 different do-files from a colleague, but the
path name in each do-file is different from my computer because the
do-files were on a different computer. Is there any easy way to change
the path in each do-file without having to physically open each
do-file and replace the path name?