Re: st: svyset problem 2: using svy with partially complete surveys

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svyset problem 2: using svy with partially complete surveys
Date   Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:55:24 -0400

Peter,

The FPC derives from sampling and has nothing to do with any poststratification adjustments you apply. If you have a single stage, clustered, unstratified design, you should have only one FPC value, equal to the sampling fraction. You do not want to calculate poststratum-specific FPCs.

Michael

Peter Muhlberger wrote:
An alternative I've considered is to define strata that identify
unique combinations of lep and gender and then feeding this
information to the poststratification options in svyset.  Problem here
is that each PSU, school, now overlaps two strata--one for each gender
in that school--and it's not clear what the FPC numbers should be for
each strata.  Am guessing this arrangement will probably violate
assumptions behind svy.

Does anyone know of a better way to address this problem?

Peter

Michael I. Lichter, Ph.D. <[email protected]>
Research Assistant Professor & NRSA Fellow
UB Department of Family Medicine / Primary Care Research Institute
UB Clinical Center, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, NY 14215
Office: CC 126 / Phone: 716-898-4751 / FAX: 716-898-3536