AW: st: -word()- with non space separator

Subject   AW: st: -word()- with non space separator
Date   Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:22:43 +0200

<>

I would have recommended
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=dm0039, until I noticed
that you are one of the authors...

*************

clear*
input str20 stringanswer
"1:2:3:5:6:7:8:9"
"1:2:3:6"
"1:2:3:4:5:7:8:9"
"1:2:3:5:7:9"
"1:2:3:5:7:8:9"
"2:3:4:6:9"
"1:2:3:5:6:7:8:9"
"1:2:7:8:9"
"7:9"
"1:11:12"
end

split stringanswer, generate(comp) parse(:)
destring, replace

egen rowmaxim=rowmax(comp*)
su rowmaxim, mean

forv i=1/`r(max)'{
	egen byte my`i' = anymatch(comp*), values(`i')
}

drop comp* rowmaxim

HTH
Martin