st: Bug in logit?

From   "Stephan Rudolfer" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Bug in logit?
Date   Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:51:36 +0100

I am fitting 120 variables to a binary outcome using logit.  Inevitably, some of the covariates are collinear.  So, logit drops some of them.  However, one of the dropped variables nevertheless appears in the model with a non-zero coefficient.  This is surely a bug?

Comments would be appreciated. I can send the stata output if required.