st: partial observability biprobit + IV ???

From   margherita Comola <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: partial observability biprobit + IV ???
Date   Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:44:25 +0200

Hi statalisters,

I need to estimate a model with two probit equations and "partial
observability": i.e. I observe only the product of the two binary
dependent variables.
However, I have a complication: in each equation I have a continuous
endogenous regressor (for which I have instruments available).

How can I correctly estimate this model, mixing partial observability
with ivprobit features? My first guess would be a two-step procedure
where I include in the partial biprobit the fitted values of the
endogenous regressors derived from a first-stage regression. However,
I guess there are additional SSE corrections that I would omit,
proceeding this way.

Anyone has an idea? I have been struggling with this problem for a few
days, any hint would be enormously appreciated.

Margherita Comola
Paris School of Economics