RE: st: outreg2 and xtmixed?

Subject   RE: st: outreg2 and xtmixed?
Date   Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:17:52 +0200

<>

Christian has not told us what the mistake was that he found, but when I run
Roy`s code in Stata 11, I get the data editor showing all variables as well.
It is only when I click on the -seeout- link that the correct file opens.
This behavior is invariant to the command used, but not to the -version-: In
Stata 10, everything works as expected.

Christian should try this RE model and see whether this changes anything for
him. If not, I think it is a more fundamental problem with the use of the
data editor in Stata 11.

**************
webuse nlswork, clear
generate age2 = age^2
generate tenure2 = tenure^2
xtreg ln_w grade age* ttl_exp tenure*, i(id)
outreg2 using myfile, replace see
**************

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Christian Weiß
Sent: Samstag, 19. September 2009 02:48
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: outreg2 and xtmixed?

Hi Roy,

thx a lot, you were right, there was a mistake in my code.
I am wondering though if there is anyway to illustrate the random
intercepts in a different way. In your example the random intercept as
well as the residuals can be found in column 2 and column3, whereas
I'd prefer to have them in the same column as all other variables
(column 1)

best
Chris