Re: st: How to get Odds Ratios rather than Relative Risk Ratios from -mlogit-

From   Philip Burgess <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to get Odds Ratios rather than Relative Risk Ratios from -mlogit-
Date   Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:10:16 +1000

Thanks Steve. I'm still a bit confused though.

The situation I have is typcially a 3 level outcome category & a 3
level predictor category.

I looked at the
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/output/stata_mlogit_output.htm
notes and they say:

"However, the exponentiated coefficient are commonly interpreted as
odds ratios".

But "interpretation" per se is perhaps the easy way out ....

Thanks for your thoughts.

Philip