Re: st: ST: Ramsey test interpretation

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ST: Ramsey test interpretation
Date   Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:50:03 +0200

Hi:

Well, according to Stata, yes, the model does suffer from omitted variable (given that p < .05). However, the Ramsey test is not one of omitted variables per se.

Stata should consider changing the documentation in that regard as what they note is misleading (see help for -ivreset- which is rather clear about this point).

See also: Wooldridge, J. M. (2002). Econometric analysis of cross section and panel data. Cambridge, MA.: MIT Press.

HTH,
John

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland