st: question concerning clustering

From   Johannes Schoder <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: question concerning clustering
Date   Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:01:46 -0400

Dear Statalist Users:

I am estimating the impact of the number of deaths per county and cause of death on the age at death per county and cause. I have information for each county: on the number, the mean age at death, and the cause of death.
The model looks like that:

xi: reg  MeanAge_death log_n_death [aweight=n_death]

where MeanAge_death is the average Age at death in county i due to cause c
n_death: Number of death in county i due to cause c

I assume that I have to cluster my standard errors since the observations within county i might be correlated within counties?
Then my model would simply look like:

xi: reg age_death_i,c log_n_death [aweight=n_death], robust cluster(county)

But I am not sure if I also have to cluster according to different cause of death?
Thanks a lot for any suggestion.
Johannes