Statalist


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: st: AW: xtserial and xtcsd do not run


From   "Martin Weiss" <martin.weiss1@gmx.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: AW: xtserial and xtcsd do not run
Date   Wed, 16 Sep 2009 19:48:35 +0200

<>

"-xtserial- is part of official Stata."

I cannot find it in my installation, but got it from -ssc-. It is certainly
not mentioned in my manuals, either...



HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 19:43
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: RE: st: AW: xtserial and xtcsd do not run

-xtserial- is part of official Stata. Thus there is no question of
either installing or uninstalling it as an extra. Your problem with
-xtserial- arose because Stata was not properly updated previously. 

-xtcsd- in contrast is a user-written program from SJ and SSC. 

(Please remember to spell out where user-written programs you refer to
come from, as requested in the FAQ.) 

It seems that you have problematic input for your calls to -xtcsd-. I
imagine that the authors of this program, who may not be members of
Statalist, would want to know much more about your data than you say
here. 

Nick 
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk 

itchiftc@rumms.uni-mannheim.de

thank you for your fast and helpful response. I updated Stata and now  
xtserial works.
With xtcsd I don't get the previuos error message anymore. However, if  
I try xtreg, fe and then want to conduct xtcsd (method of Pesaran) it  
says:
. xtcsd, pesaran
Unknown function *sqrt()

or if I take Friedman/Frees it says:
. xtcsd, friedman
no observations

Do you have any ideas what may be the cause for these errors?

Zitat von Martin Weiss <martin.weiss1@gmx.de>:

> What does -which xtserial- give you? Have you -update-d your official
Stata
> fully?

itchiftc@rumms.uni-mannheim.de

> I'm doing some analysis with panel data. For this reason, today I
> installed via ssc the functions xtserial, xtcsd, xttest0-3 and
> pantest2. Interestingly, the xtserial and xtcsd functions do not run.
> The xttest and the pantest2 functions, however, work without any
> problems. With xtserial I tried for example the following (after
> declaring the data to be time series using "tsset bankid counter"):
> -xtserial ln_medbas relfva relloans
>
> But I received the following error message:
>     _TS_p_delta_getnumb():  3499  strtoreal() not found
>   _TS_p_delta_increment():     -  function returned error
>             _TS_p_delta():     -  function returned error
>                   <istmt>:     -  function returned error
> The same came when I tried xtcsd.
>
> I tried to install xtserial again, but Stata said it is already
> installed. Then I tried to uninstall it, but it said it cannot find
> the package...
>

*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/


*
*   For searches and help try:
*   http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
*   http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*   http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/



© Copyright 1996–2014 StataCorp LP   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   What's new   |   Site index