st: truncreg:could not calculate numerical derivatives

From   FionaWong <>
Subject   st: truncreg:could not calculate numerical derivatives
Date   Wed, 16 Sep 2009 03:42:28 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all:

When I use truncreg to estimate truncated regression, this error always appear:
could not calculate numerical derivatives
missing values encountered

I tried to begin with very simple model: just use one independent variable, but this error still exists. My database has more than 20k data, this may cause problem to find initial value for the model. I also tried to take a sample from this database(1%), like 200, the model works. But I need to use all my 20k data, is there a better way to estimate truncated regression?
Thank you all in advance.