Re: st: Panel Data dfbeta

Subject   Re: st: Panel Data dfbeta
Date   Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:31:45 -0500

The regular DFBETA is an exercise in matrix algebra -- you don't
really refit the model n times to get them. You might be able to push
around some Kronecker products to derive similar quantities, although
of course you would have separate DFBETAs from fe, re or between
estimators. If your Stata programming skills are better than your
matrix algebra, you can run your -xtreg- [# panels] times, -post- the
results and construct your panel DFBETAs that way. If you do the
latter, that might be a nice paper for SJ :))