Re: st: ST: vincenty formula for Africa

Subject   Re: st: ST: vincenty formula for Africa
Date   Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:57:11 -0400

Roy--
My objection was to the last sentence, as I made clear in my first post:
  "Other methods typically take days if
   not weeks and requires extensive user-involvement."
in the last quoted paragraph seems clearly false to me.

Why not simply remove that sentence and leave the package otherwise unchanged?

And yes, someone should be able to request a correction of an author.
More reasonable requests may be honored, slightly less reasonable
requests may be politely refused, and unreasonable requests may be
ignored, at the discretion of the author, of course.

Evidently we have a deep and abiding disagreement as to what
constitutes "reasonable" (possibly along several dimensions).

I certainly find you quoting me as having validated your package as an
unreasonable statement, and a gross misrepresentation.  I did nothing
of the sort.