st: problems with usersite

From   Jeremy Reynolds <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: problems with usersite
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:43:46 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I am having trouble setting up a usersite and would appreciate your help.
I have placed the files below on my home page and formatted them as described in the Stata help file (http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?usersite)

stata.toc
iqv.pkg
iqv.ado
iqv.hlp
gss2002.dta

I can see the files in a browser. For example: http://jeremyr.myweb.uga.edu/stata.toc However, when I ask Stata to do something with the files, I get an error message. For example:

. copy http://jeremyr.myweb.uga.edu/iqv.ado iqv.ado
file http://jeremyr.myweb.uga.edu/iqv.ado not found

. use http://jeremyr.myweb.uga.edu/gss2002.dta,clear
file http://jeremyr.myweb.uga.edu/gss2002.dta not found

When I use Stata to examine user sites that other people have created I don't have any problems.

I have read the Stata help file for creating a user site (http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?usersite) I have also looked at some posts to the statalist for help (http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-02/msg00294.html) Mark Lunt was also kind enough to verify for me that the files can be seen with wget.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out why Stata does not see the files I have posted on my site.
Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,

Jeremy

--