st: problems with usersite

From   Jeremy Reynolds <>
Subject   st: problems with usersite
Date   Sat, 12 Sep 2009 13:43:46 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I am having trouble setting up a usersite and would appreciate your help.
I have placed the files below on my home page and formatted them as described in the Stata help file (

I can see the files in a browser. For example: However, when I ask Stata to do something with the files, I get an error message. For example:

. copy iqv.ado
file not found

. use,clear
file not found

When I use Stata to examine user sites that other people have created I don't have any problems.

I have read the Stata help file for creating a user site ( I have also looked at some posts to the statalist for help ( Mark Lunt was also kind enough to verify for me that the files can be seen with wget.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out why Stata does not see the files I have posted on my site.
Any idea what is wrong?

Dr. Jeremy Reynolds
Associate Professor
Undergraduate Coordinator