RE: st: Reset test

Subject   RE: st: Reset test
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:56:15 +0100

Bob,

Mel's question is different, and interesting.  He's saying that he can
get very different results for his RESET test depending on the order of
the polynomial used.  (Self-plug: you can't control the order of
polynomial used in Stata's -ovtest- but you can in -ivreset-.)

The questions are, how to interpret this, and is there any literature on
it?  I don't know the answers to either question, and I'd also be
interested to hear from someone who does.

Cheers,
Mark

>     Cheers,
>          Bob
>

> Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
> Research Professor
> Silver School of Social Work
> New York University
>
> Biosketch: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ray1/Biosketch2009.pdf
>
> CV:  http://homepages.nyu.edu/~ray1/vita.pdf

registered under charity number SC000278.