st: Reset test

From   Melvyn Weeks <>
Subject   st: Reset test
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:03:01 +0100

My understanding is that the RESET test in STATA has a default (and
fixed) setting based upon adding a 4th degree polynomial in predicted

I can obviously specifiy the test myself.

However, I have noted that using either a robust or non-robust variant,
that inference can very much depend - especially in small samples - on
the order of the polynomial.
Does anyone have experience with this and is there any useful references
I should check out.