Re: st: retain indvar in -regress-

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: retain indvar in -regress-
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:34:57 +0200

Jeph wrote:
This must be doable - I am running a large
number of models using -regress-, often with
a large number of independent variables. There
is one variable I would like to always be retained;
however, -regress- is omitting it in some cases
for collinearity. It seems there should be a
way to force regress to lock in a certain term,
and omit something else?

I am not sure, but I believe that you can use
-nestreg- to give some variables precedence over
others. Try it.
Hope this helps
Svend Juul
(School of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology)
Bartholins Allé 2
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark
Phone:   +45 8693 7796
Mobile:  +45 2634 7796