Statalist

st: Hazard rates with left truncation?

From   "Schwartz, Michael" <Michael.Schwartz@iwh-halle.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Hazard rates with left truncation?
Date   Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:53:27 +0200

I want to analyze a dataset that includes some observations with delayed
entry (left truncation). Basically, I follow the textbooks and
everything works. I use time0(time to delayed entry). Stata produces the
output with sts list and I do get the values for survivor function or
failure function. However, what I need is the hazard rate, but I have no
idea how Stata produces this output (taking into account the left
truncation!). I have also tried an alternative way using the origin()
and enter() commands. This does not work either.

Thank you for your help!

Michael Schwartz
Halle Insitute for Urban Economic Research
Michael.Schwartz@iwh-halle.de