st: latex sidewaystable with estout?

From   Bert Jung <>
Subject   st: latex sidewaystable with estout?
Date   Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:52:57 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I am looking for an easy way to output rotate tables with estout.  The
latex command -sidewaystables- is well suited but I can't see how to
specify it in -estout-.  Short of specifying the options -prehead- and
-postfoot- with a full set of latex table commands, is there a more
transparent way?  What does not work is

prehead("\begin{sidewaystable}") postfoot("\begin{sidewaystable}")

since the outputted tex file would be missing essential commands like
\begin{tabular}.  One option would be to substitute only the
\begin{table} with \begin{sidewaystable} and keep the other latex
commands.  But how to achieve that?

Many thanks,