Re: st: Help with mathematical operation

From   Bryce Mason <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help with mathematical operation
Date   Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:56:37 -0700

Tim,

Have you considered appending the data set to itself 3 additional times (to create 4 records for each row), sorting on the oldvar, creating a multiplier based on _n, and then generating the newvar? I hope I interpreted your question correctly.

use data;
append using data;
append using data;
append using data;