Re: st: RE: graphing results

From   Matthijs De Zwaan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: graphing results
Date   Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:22:46 +0200

Hi Isabelle, Austin,

Thanks for helping out.

@ Isabelle: I'm working on a Mac, which means that I cannot export
.wmf files. I can improve my graph manually using eg Adobe
Illustrator, but I was wondering if I could make nicer graphs directly
in Stata.

@ Austin: Thanks for the code. I guess I was a bit short on what I had
done already; I managed to make a graph in ways very similar to yours.
However, the -graph twoway function- graphs are not very pretty, as
they turn out very `pixelised' in my documents. Other stata graphs
(using line/connect/mspline/…) are generally much nicer, but I
couldn't figure out a way to use them for my results -- the
interaction messes things up.
You're right about the interaction with the squared term, it should be
included. You're also right about writing _b[x1x2] instead of
_b[x1*x2], but I didn't make that mistake in my actual code.
Small question: is the -clp()- option the same as the -lp()- option? I
couldn't find it in the help files.

Thanks again
Matthijs