RE: st: RE: -foreach-, local macro, -split- command

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: -foreach-, local macro, -split- command
Date   Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:19:34 +0100

Thanks for the mention. As also mentioned in the manual entry, -split-
grew out of a program jointly written with Michael Blasnik. Statalist
threads undoubtedly made us aware of the overlapping interest and led us
to put previously separate programs together. At least, that's how I
remember it.

Roy Wada

-split- was originally written by Nick Cox and eventually adopted by
Stata if anyone was interested in knowing.

Roy Wada