RE: st: RE: -foreach-, local macro, -split- command

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: -foreach-, local macro, -split- command
Date   Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:45:40 -0700

> It would be great if I could get all the information that is displayed
> with the display command into unshared variables.
>
> David Torres

It seems what you are trying to do is terribly inefficient, and
I would not do it this way, but -logout- will chop up lines into
separate variables provided it is first placed into an external file.

I was not aware of -split- at the time but it does a similar thing.

It looks like the current version is not unwrapping texts correctly,
so you should use a really small font in the results window (right-click,
and choose the font size of 1).

Roy

sysuse auto, clear
set logtype text