Re: st: RE: sort on month

From   qing ye <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: sort on month
Date   Tue, 8 Sep 2009 14:33:41 +0100

hi, Nick

I did transfer the month variable to interger variable with :

encode  month, generate(int_month)
 recast int  int_month

and sort on int_month gives the same answer

destring does not work: see the following error message

. destring month, replace
month contains nonnumeric characters; no replace

. destring int_month, replace
int_month already numeric; no replace

Thanks
Qing