Re: st: problem with shp2dta file

To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: problem with shp2dta file
Date   Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:11:11 -0500

At 04:47 PM 9/5/2009, Laura Platchkov wrote:
Deat stata users,

I am trying to install the shp2dta file. I write ssc install shp2dta, but STATA says file c:/ado/plus/stata.trk could not be opened r(603), what should i do?

Do you always have this problem when installing files from SSC, or is it only happening with this file? If it always happens, then I am guessing you are on some sort of networked machine and lack write privileges. You may want to talk to some administrator about making your life easier. As Martin says, once you provide a few more details we may be able to provide more specific advice.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam