Re: st: simulate

From   Andrzej Niemierko <[email protected]>
To   Stata <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: simulate
Date   Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:05:32 -0400

Maarten,
How would you do a similar simulation with -estat gof?
-estat gof doesn't allow varlist so, using your example:
-estat gof union, beta(b)
doesn't work.

Andrzej

On 9/4/09 11:11 AM, "Maarten buis" <[email protected]> wrote:

> --- Andrzej Niemierko wrote:
>> After estimation using -logistic command I can run my little
>> program below several times without a problem and getting
>> what I want.
>>
>> capture program drop mysim
>> program define mysim
>>    preserve
>>    bsample
>>    lroc, nograph
>>    restore
>> end
>>
>> However, when I try to use the -simulation command it looks
>> as my model is dropped from memory:
>
> *------------ begin example ----------------
> sysuse nlsw88, clear
> logit union south grade
> matrix b = e(b)
>
> capture program drop mysim
> program define mysim, rclass
>     sysuse nlsw88, clear
>     bsample
>     lroc union, nograph beta(b)
>     return scalar area=r(area)
> end
>
> simulate area=r(area), reps(100): mysim
> *-------------- end example ---------------
> ( For more on how to use examples I sent to statalist see:
> http://www.maartenbuis.nl/stata/exampleFAQ.html )
>
> Hope this helps,
> Maarten

> Maarten L. Buis