RE: Re: st: making sure on the graph

From   Maarten buis <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   RE: Re: st: making sure on the graph
Date   Fri, 4 Sep 2009 13:44:09 +0000 (GMT)

--- Nick Cox wrote:
> Maarten's solution is good, but there is no need for the
> sorting within -yearofbirth-

This is correct. My solution came directly from my default
library of tricks. In a general case this will make sure
that first will tag an observation that has a valid
(non-missing) value on whatever I am sorting on, in this
case wage, unless all values of wage are missing within a
category of yearofbirth. This is not relevant in this
case as meanwage will always contain valid values.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen