Re: st: regression using eform

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: regression using eform
Date   Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:54:21 +0100

Tina Hernandez-Boussard wrote:

> I have a question regarding a regression model that I am running.  I am
> looking at predictors for a variable slope, which is growth of a tumor per
> day.  I have ran this model and using
> sw, pr(.2):regress slope smoker exercise bmi , eform(odds)
> I have reran the model, only multiplying the slope by 365.25 to get the
> growth per year.  I did not think that this would change anything, yet it
> changes the odds ratios.  I still get the same prob>f, r-squared, and
> adjusted r-squared.  However, model and residual ss, df, and ms are
> different.
> Can someone please explain why my odds ratios are changing, yet the t and
> P>|t| are not?

I have two brief recommendations to make:

(1) Stepwise regression is generally disparaged. Why? Look at:

(2) Look at
if you want to gain a quick understanding of how to interpret results
using -regress- with the -eform()- option.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.