st: time updated covariates

From   Statistical consultants <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: time updated covariates
Date   Tue, 1 Sep 2009 13:00:16 +0100

Dear Statalist,
I would like to ask the following questions.
I would like to generate time updated variables. I have 3 measurements
(Creatinine, CD4 cell count and Viral load). They are all measured on
average at 3 months at different dates.
I would like to split the follow-up time into 3 months period (
according to the clinic dates) and then to allocate each subject in
each 3 months time period to creatinine band according to thier
measurement at  the beginning of the period  i.e  (newcreatinine:
>=90=1, 89-60=2, 59-30=3, 29-15=4, <15=5) etc.
I am not sure how to go about this in STATA. I though I should stset
the data in each measurements and  then split on the date of the
creatinine measured.

stset deathdate, f(died) origin(first seen at clinic) enter(time
datecreatininemeasured) scale (30.5) i(id) exit(time .)
stsplit interval, at (tmin(3)tmax)
I will be greatful if any one have any ideas.
Thanks very much in advance
Best wishes
Elmi.