From   "Eric A. Booth" <ebooth@ppri.tamu.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Snow Leopard breaks Stata file util commands
Date   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:22:47 -0500

They did already:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kerry Kammire <kkammire@stata.com>
Date: August 28, 2009 2:41:50 PM CDT
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: Has anyone used STATA 11 on Windows 7 (32bit)?

kornbrot <d.e.kornbrot@herts.ac.uk> asked if Stata 11 works on Mac OS X 10.6
(Snow Leopard).  Yes it does.  So does Stata 10.

-- Kerry Kammire
kkammire@stata.com

On Aug 31, 2009, at 11:09 AM, kornbrot wrote:

So can stat confirm that stata11 is completely compatible with snow leopard?

On 31/08/2009 15:39, "Chinh Nguyen, StataCorp LP" <cnguyen@stata.com> wrote:

Nikos Askitas <askitas@iza.org> wrote:

> I have recently installed Snow Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) on my Macbook Pro > (newly purchased) and now "shell, ls, dir" etc do not work in StataSE 10.

This problem was found during the development of Stata 11 (and does not exist in Stata 11) while testing against beta versions of Snow Leopard but the fix didn't make it to the last Stata 10 update. We'll put out a fix in a Mac-only
Stata 10 update soon.

-Chinh Nguyen
 cnguyen@stata.com

Professor Diana Kornbrot
email:  d.e.kornbrot@herts.ac.uk
web:    http://web.me.com/kornbrot/KornbrotHome.html
Work
School of Psychology
 University of Hertfordshire
 College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
 voice:   +44 (0) 170 728 4626
   fax:     +44 (0) 170 728 5073
 19 Elmhurst Avenue
 London N2 0LT, UK