RE: st: Translating R codes to stata

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Translating R codes to stata
Date   Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:39:19 +0000 (GMT)

--- Eduardo Nunez wrote:
> It is possible that someone can provide me the codes in stata to
> replicate the following codes in R.

You are always free to ask, but whether there are people willing to
do it is a matter of luck. Based on a quick look at the code I would
estimate that such a project would easily take a couple of hours,
and probably more (using the rule that such projects always take
longer than expected even if you have already taken this rule into
account). If you consider the hourly rate of professionals, you
can see that you are asking for quite a bit.

I would say that the main factor that would lead people to make
such a donation to you, would be that that person was already
interested in this problem. (S)he may even have some rough code
ready or similar code that can be quickly adapted to your
problem. Since some of the authors you cite are on the
statalist, this may well be possible. However this is by no
means guaranteed, and the answer may well be "no", in which
case you are unlikely to get a response on this list. (Or you
get a long answer like this, which is my way of saying that I
am not going to do it)

Sorry,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis