Re: st: Making a table for percentage changes in stata

From   Dana Chandler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Making a table for percentage changes in stata
Date   Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:35:31 -0500

Eric,

Thanks for your response. Something very much like what you are
describing is what I currently do. It just gets annoying because if
you want to slice the data and show those percent differences for
different groups, you have to then create different "base" and "end"
values for each group. It'd be nice if somehow there was the same
flexibility you have and could just write something like

table AFTER age sex, c(mean var) pct

Assume for a moment that AFTER is a pre/post variable and that age and
sex are multichotomous. I'd then expect to see the values of var
listed in the before and after state arranged by age and sex and with
a new row that says pct change (from the AFTER variable).

Maybe I'm too wishful. :)

Dana