st: Time to Event/Survival Analysis Question

From   "Christie Lancaster" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Time to Event/Survival Analysis Question
Date   Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:58:13 -0400

Does anyone know if it is possible to get predicted median survival times and predicted mean survival times from a Cox model?  I have the Cleves text, which states that it is possible; but they are not listed in the manual as postestimation commands for stcox, only for streg, and I really need to keep my semiparametric model. Thanks.

Christie Lancaster

Christie Lancaster, MD
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar
Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology