RE: st: xtivreg2 Random Effects and Durbin Wu Hausman

Subject   RE: st: xtivreg2 Random Effects and Durbin Wu Hausman
Date   Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:47:06 +0100

Hilary,

First, you should never download and install from repec except as a last resort.  The right way to install is via ssc-archives using the ssc command.  From within Stata, type

ssc install xtoverid

You'll also need to install some other commands:

ssc install ivreg2
ssc install xtivreg2
ssc install ranktest

All these are put by the ssc command somewhere in your \ADO\PLUS folder, depending the first letter of the file name.

If you've installed any of the above by hand, you should delete them and let Stata manage the file installation as above.

You can then find xtoverid.ado in \ADO\PLUS\X.

When you make your own myxtoverid.ado, the best place to put it is in \ADO\PERSONAL.

Good luck (and welcome to Statalist)!

--Mark