Re: st: RE: survival analysis

From   Tina Hernandez-Boussard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: survival analysis
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:58:16 -0700

Hi,

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the attachment!

So this is what I am not understanding, and I appreciate your hel. My data looks like this:

 li event fumonths medrec

     +------------------------------+
     | event   fumonths      medrec |
     |------------------------------|
  1. |     0          1     2035632 |
  2. |     0          58         261 |
  3. |     0          19         103 |
  4. |     1         3        5793 |
  5. |     0          12        9142 |

I have set up my data as such:

 stset fumonths , fail(event==1 )

     failure event:  event == 1
obs. time interval:  (0, fumonths]
 exit on or before:  failure

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------
      397  total obs.
        0  exclusions
      397  obs. remaining, representing
       58  failures in single record/single failure data
   8262.5  total analysis time at risk, at risk from t =         0
                             earliest observed entry t =         0
                                  last observed exit t =        96

So I have 58 failures out of 397 observations. However, in my graph, I have all patients die, survival estimate goes to 0.

Can anyone help with this? How do I change the time to be followup time and not survival time?

Thanks