st: RE: RE: Stata and R

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Stata and R
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:32:48 +0100

Elan's advice is right in direction, but wrong in detail. Stata has
concepts of length of string and length of vector. But that's Elan's
main point too, as length of what? is the best riposte.

Cohen, Elan

Could you please be more specific?  There is no concept of 'length' in
Stata since all the variables belong to one dataset.  Just guessing, but
something like -count if mi(x)- might be helpful.

If you'd like to subset, take a look at -drop- and -keep-.

Frank Peter

> Please, I am new to Stata, I am trying to replicate some R commands in
> Stata. I will like to know the equivalent of length and subset in
Stata.