Re: st: Stata 11 Random Effects--Std. Errors

Subject   Re: st: Stata 11 Random Effects--Std. Errors
Date   Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:03:10 -0400

Ah--interesting, and I applaud the terminology change!  Robust is
certainly an ambiguous description, as is sandwich, whereas het-robust
and cluster-robust are fairly specific (esp. when combined with a
reference to the literature).  Maybe new vce() term hrobust or
hetrobust?  Please don't make us spell out heteroskedasticity...  ;)

McCulloch, J.H. 1985. "On Heteros*edasticity." Econometrica 53(2): 483.
http://www.jstor.org/stable/1911250